Growing your own food is one of life’s great pleasures—plus it’s good for you and for the environment. But in increasingly tight, urban homes, we don’t all have room for gardens. And hydroponic systems, as appealing as they may be, often appear to be a whole lot of hardware for only a bit of actual green. Some fresh arugula would be nice for dinner, but who wants giant plastic box taking up half their kitchen to get a few leaves?
Mesh grill bags expand your options.
Last weekend we tried out the Charcoal Companion Mesh Grill Bag from Target. It’s a handy heat-proof mesh bag about the same size as a sheet of copier paper.
Stuff it full of veggies, scallops— most anything that would normally fall through a grill— and burn, baby, burn. We tested it with some fresh asparagus… ooo-la-la!Continue reading “Grilling Companion”
Life on the road isn’t just for retirees. Continue reading “#VanLife: It’s a Thing”
Car chargers leave you feeling flat?
Most generic USB chargers that plug into a cigarette lighter outlet put out a measly half an amp. The over9000 compact USB charger provides up to 2.1 amp output! Of course your device will only draw the power it needs to charge properly- so use it for everything. You can safely connect any 5 volt chargeable device to this USB adapter.
- Charge your mobile device in your car with this adapter
- Works with your own USB cable
- Ultra low profile design with easy pull handle
- Built in smart chip spoofs a data line connection for devices that do not allow 3rd party chargers
- Smart Chip monitors both the charger and connected device for safe charging
- Front power switch with blue LED
- DC input: 12v
- DC output: 5v @ 2.1 amps – can temporarily spike to 3.0 amps
- Compatibility: Standard size USB port for charging smartphones (iPhone & Android!), tablets, mobile phones, cameras, mp3 players, and various other USB chargeable devices
It really is the ultimate USB power adapter!